You might remember I was on a baking spree a few weeks back and I thought I would do a quick post with the recipe for you all. The original receipe is from my local magazine “The Beast” from a few years back but I have tweaked it over the years and add whatever I have in the pantry that I need to use up such as various nuts like pistachios, almonds and hazelnuts which seem to breed in my cupboard for some reason!
125g butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups plain flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup dessicated coconut
185g choc chips – milk/dark/white
- Heat oven to 190 degrees celcius and line baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla with electric beaters. Add in the eggs, beating well after each one.
- Using a spatula, fold in the sifted flour, baking powder, coconut and chocolate. You can always use more choc chips if you like your biscuits extra decadent, or try a combination of milk and white choc chips.
- Roll balls of dough with your hands and place on trays, ensuring there is room for them to spread out. Flatten slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes 2-3 batches